Job Announcement for Summer 2019 Orientation Advisors
University of Connecticut
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Academic Services Center
CLAS Summer Advisors — Summer 2019
We are seeking graduate students interested in working with both incoming first-year and transfer undergraduates. This is an exciting time for new students, and CLAS provides this service as part of UConn’s Summer Orientation Program.
Temporary position: Monday, May 13, 2019 – Tuesday, July 23, 2019
- Summer Orientation will be held Wednesday, May 22nd- Tuesday, July 23rd.
- The weekly schedule will be as follows:
- 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays, including a one hour lunch.
- 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Please note that some weeks may vary.
- Training will be provided to successful candidates for CLAS general education requirements, CLAS major requirements, PeopleSoft registration procedures, and advising expectations.
- Candidates must be available the week of May 13th, as well as the week of May 20th for training dates that are to be determined.
- Selected Summer Advisors will receive a stipend of $1,800.
The following information is provided as a brief overview of Summer Advisor expectations:
- One-on-One Meetings: Answer students’ questions about specific CLAS majors, campus resources, etc.
- Registration: Guide CLAS students through the on-line registration process via the PeopleSoft Student Administration System.
The CLAS summer advising/registration program is educational in nature, and requires a strong commitment to working with undergraduates. CLAS Summer Advisors’ duties are varied, yet all positions require patience, a genuine concern for students, strong interpersonal skills and flexibility.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 15, 2019
Please apply online at: